Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This salad...

Really this salad is what dreams are made of. I have been eating it for years and years, since childhood really, but it was about four years ago when my friend, Diana reintroduced to me.
Here is her recipe. I love it! Like slap people that try to share, and lick the bowl good...
7 Layer Salad
1 head lettuce, washed and torn
1 green pepper, chopped
1 C. chopped celery
½ thinly sliced red onion
1 pkg frozen peas
2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ C. grated Cheddar cheese
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled.

Assemble ingredients in large bowl in order above. (I use glass bowls to show off how pretty it is). Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for several hours or overnight before serving.

I would just like to put it out there...if you bring me a bowl of this salad...it means we are frinds for life. We may already be friends, and that is well and good. Really someone should teach Mr. Workin' how to may it. It's like the best peace offering I can think of.

No comments: