Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friends

Yesterday, Wyeth had a playdate for the first time since since his best friend, Baxter, moved to Mississippi over a year ago. I am not big on other people's children at my house. Frankly, I often have a problem with my own children at my house. But the thing with Baxter is, his mom is my best friend, and we have a deal. We are comfortable enough to approach each others kiddos like they are our own. Which means I didn't tiptoe around telling the kiddos, "it is my house, my rules." It's a cool deal. I know not everyone could be cool like that, but Sara and I are.
Anywho...where was I, oh yes, Wyeth had his buddy from school join us for a Mommy & Me field trip to Home Depot. It went really well, and the boys were a great help with Ellie and Farfar.
As we were commuting to the Home Depot across town, I listened to the boys chit-chat in the backseat. It's interesting to listen to your babe be a little person. They chatted about their favorite restaurants, Scooby-Doo, and Star Wars. Their little lives have been so different and yet so much the same. I was proud of my little man and proud of our little friend too. They are good kids.

I think, it might just be time I get over myself and have some more regular playdates.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You're right. We're cool like that. I distinctly remember putting Wyeth on the step in a time out at your house for saying something disrespectfuk to you and he looked at me like he thought I was the devil. LOL!

I can't wait to come see you so we can put the smack down on each other's kids!!