Monday, September 6, 2010

Once the Bride ...

Never the Bridesmaid.
So, my last close friend from my young adulthood is getting married in several months. And once again I have been pasted over for the role of bridesmaid. I am not heartbroken, mainly because I will be HUGELY pregnant on the day of the wedding. But based on my conversations with the bride, it wouldn't have mattered.
It's interesting to me though. I know I am a cherished and good friend, and I know that I am pretty enough. The only thing that sticks out in my mind, is my weight. And if that is the case than I don't even know what to say. If I spent years questioning my dad's love over my weight, and didn't lose weight for him, than I am sure as shit NOT gonna do it for any of my friends.
Anyway, I am mature enough to know most of the circumstances has to do with timing.
And I will make a beautiful....mother of the bride in 30ish years, when the girls are ready to settle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, if I ever get married and have bridesmaids (or something similar), I would be PROUD AS SHIT to have you standing by me.