Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friendships

Sometimes I have to remind myself...friendships may not last.
Friendships can lose importance and die gradually. I have had some friendships end abruptly with unresolved conflict. The worst enemy of friendships seems to be change.
There is usually pain with the loss of friendship, but life goes on. And it can be toxic to hold on to something that isn't right anymore.
It's been a year in the making, but after spending today defending my stance, I am more sure than ever...it's over.

1 comment:

missymousecat said...

Awwww.....it is hard to 'lose' a friend.....It is amazing that as we get older and more set in our ways...how our paths can sometimes take a different path at the fork in the road....but we have to remember it was an amazing journey at the time and that person came into our lives for a reason.....;)