Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mushrooms!

Talking about something other than the upcoming ultrasound. I am so anxious. So anyway, let's talk about something else.
There were mushrooms growing in our house when we returned from our family vacation to Canada. WTF? There was a leak in along the foundation several years ago...remember that super wet June, I think it was June of 2006 maybe. Mr. Workin' was ready to have the problem remedied back then, but he doesn't deal with the house projects, he is just bossy about having me take care of them. Back then we desperately needed a new roof, and the bids were all north of $20K and I just couldn't wrap my mind around fixing the leaking back-hall. And the head in the sand approach had been pretty effective until this super wet spring. I went back there to do something. I hate the back-hall it's just a giant holding space for a bunch of stupid shit I don't know how to part with. I am telling you, I am one freak-out away from becoming a full-blown hoarder. It's my worst nightmare. Ok, not the worst, but come on Donde, get a freakin' grip! Anyway, so I was back there doing something and realized there was huge wet area, much larger than the previous issue. I dreaded telling Mr. Workin'...I knew I would be in big trouble. And I was right. So, I have gotten several bids to fix the problem and for the last two weeks, I have been waiting for Cowboy Contractor to show up. Grrr. And of course every single day without fail, Mr. Workin' asks if someone has been here.
So, it looks like they are going to have to tear up the wall and sub-flooring and jackhammer the foundation and concrete that runs up to the outside wall. It will be a mess. Let's just hope the floor-joices aren't rotten. But, making lemonade out of lemons, I am going to change things a little so we can make that area of the house more user friendly and less hoarder alley.
Ok, so here is a whole post about not a lot but for sure not about the ultrasound tomorrow.
I will post the whole expereince...tomorrow!!!!!

No comments: