Saturday, March 27, 2010

Since when do...

Since when do five year olds use the word immediately? Wyeth said, "If Dad doesn't come out here immediately, I will forget the dance moves I want to show him." I think the best part, is the seriousness in which it was delivered.

Since when isn't OK for teachers to have expectations of appropriate behavior in their class rooms? Ella fell to her knees in a puddle of tears when I dropped her off at school on Wednesday morning. She has been pulling this little stunt from time to time over the course of the year. I traded glances with the teacher, and darted from the room. I know that best thing is to just leave. When I retrieved Ella from school, she told me, "Erickson (she never remembers the Mrs.) told me to get up and stop acting like a baby." Which to me sounds like what Ella needed to hear. She is old enough and smart enough to know who she can "work" and who she can't. So, I was telling this story to a friend of mine and she became incensed and said she couldn't believe I would let a teacher or anyone for that matter, speak to my child like that. Really? Isn't there a whole component of school that is teaching your children to accept direction from someone other than their parents?

Since when is reform a bad thing? I am absolutely blown away by the disgusting behavior of many Americans so intolerant of change in this country. Isn't the one thing in life we can count on, change? You might need step in and guide me down from the soap box...
But another thing. There are all these people talking about things they have no real concept of and using fear as a big social order mechanism. It's gross.

That's it for now... I need to go check my blood pressure.

No comments: