Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Ella Bella



She is such a little love. I don't know if it is the guilt I carry for getting pregnant when she was five months old, or because she is tiny and looks fragile, or just simply because she is the middle child, but I spend a LOT of time worrying about her. I, of course, want the very best for all my babes.

She is independent, tenacious and strong. She doesn't need constant monitoring (for lack of a better word.) However, she does require a fair amount of coddling. Is that even possible? She can be a little needy. But, can you even consider a two and a half year old needy? I want her to be a strong women. Sometimes as a parent I am guitly of seeing an unattractive behavior in these beginning years and worry that is the "type" of adult my child is going to grow into.

I want to like her, and I think the hard part of parenting that is purely learned, is I am not always going to like her choices. I just have to know that she at her core is amazing and talented and what she chooses to do with that is her choice. The love I have for her is unconditional...DUH!

Five Ella Facts @ 32 months

  • Totally relies on the paci for comfort. (We have her leave it in bed though.)
  • She's pretty much potty trained during hours.
  • Loves having her hair done, but has strong opinions about what it should look like.
  • Wyeth is her world. She picks most of, if not all the fights.
  • Her favorite toy is a purse with all kinds of strange stuff in it.

Ella, you make me laugh and proud every single day.

No comments: