Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Healthful Changes...

Will I ever get it right? I think it is a matter of a total change of thinking and those don't come easily. Life is full of choices and I fall into the habit of feeling like a deserve awards for having to deal with unpleasant situations or treats to help soothe the hurts of everyday life. It's been a life-long (or at least throughout adulthood) choice I make to cope. It isn't working. I am not a well-balanced human based on these choices. I am heavy, and by heavy I mean freaking fat. I have stood at this juncture more than once in the past and nothing has worked. I am still making the same choices and still feeling poorly about myself. It's time to understand that patience and discipline are the only way to effect change in the ways that I need to. Ugh! But here are the promises I am going to make for myself... * I am not going to be disparaging to myself about the length of time it takes. * I am not going to reward myself with food or things! I am going to just be proud of ME! * I am not going to make these choices I am making the center of conversations. * When I fall down, I am going to get back up and try harder. I embark on this journey with the knowledge that I will be happier in the long run.

No comments: