Friday, May 27, 2011

The stuff...

Apparently, I need much stuff to make my world complete. However, I hate the way much stuff looks sitting around my house. There is a conflict...it needs to be resolved, but how?
Remember when you left for college, and even returned from college and you could fit your whole life in a car? I want that much stuff. I know, it's not practical, it didn't include a full kitchen, or any furniture, or the last 20 years of memories. Wait a minute do memories take up room? Should they? There is probably a happy medium and I will always error on the side of over keeping, and Mr. Workin' has every ticket stub and note he has ever had.
And speaking of the car load, it didn't include Mr. Workin' or my four beautiful clutter lovin' wee ones. But, just for arguments' sake less, say each on of the five of them have a car load too. So we have six cars, we'll call each a four-door sedan. Plus the house with furniture and a full kitchen...that turns out to be an ass-ton of stuff. Ugh.
What to do? It used to be that large families such as my own, lived in 1000 sq/ft houses and got by just fine, so it isn't that we need more space. I don't want more space...it's not fun to clean more space. It means we need less stuff.
I have decided to move all the clutter to the back hall in an effort to contain it. It will also give me a place to sort and purge without making the whole house look like crap. It just becomes about the discipline to go back there and work on it. As well as an effort to stop the in-flow of stuff. Check and check! It's a funny time of year to make resolutions, but here I go.
Damn it! I will get this place lookin' good again!

No comments: