Friday, December 31, 2010

Changes from '09-'10

I found the post from last year at this time, and thought I would review it as it compares to the changes I would like to make for '11.

And for being all about change, I don't seem to get a lot of it done.

Here we go, here we go...
1~ Stop assuming everyone is JUDGING me. Did I already say that?
I was more comfortable in my own skin this year, and outside of a few ugly moments, I did a better job of assuming things are about me. This is definitely an on-going work in progress, so add it to the list for next year!
2~ No more calling Tom and asking him to bring home dinner.
Yikes, FAIL! My new kitchen will surely motivate me a bit more. Add this one too.
3~ No cussing at people, EVER.
Yikes, another FAIL. This is an important one, and I am ready to embrace it still/again.
4~ Assume the best.
Again, my esteem has so much to do with this. This gets easier all the time. Not easy...but easier.
5~ Wash face and use a deep moisture cream several nights a week. (see that...realistic, there is no way I could do it every night.) I did this one! Yay!
6~ If some thing's gotta give, it's computer time.
This wasn't consistent, but a slight improvement was made. I better add it to '11.
7~ Defer to Tom's opinion. Even if I don't agree.
Another WIN! I have gotten much better at this. It's a bit of a struggle as a strong opinionated woman, but I have improved!
8~ Cut a lot of sugar. Cancer loves sugar. Shit that is scary!
This is interesting. Do you suppose by making this a goal, I called in the gestational diabetes? Hmmm. I will add this to the list again for next year, but mainly stay away from high fructose corn syrup as a way to make it more realistic for me.
9~ React in kindness and with patience.
Always going to be a work in progress. Patience is a virtue for a reason. Add it to next year.
10~ Cherish the now and continue to "roll with it".
I have been framing this up a bit differently lately. "Live in the Moment". The present is a gift kind of a thing. It's also going to be a life long goal.

No comments: