Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hungover

I would say hungover is the best way to describe how I am feeling as I struggle with my re-immersion into "real life". It was easy to forget how little and needy my sweet babes are. They held it together so well, while their daddy and I were soaking in the sun.
However, I had to hit the ground running when we got home, and the kiddos and I could have used a day to snuggle and reacquaint ourselves to each other. They have been so whiny and demanding. Not what I wanted to deal with upon my return, but I have been told it is a healthy sign of attachment. I am the person they can totally be themselves with.
So after promising myself I would be a kinder, gentler mama upon my return, I jumped right back in to my old familiar ways.
Regardless of how shocking re-immersion has been, I love my job, and all the little people that make my world a brighter place.

No comments: