Thursday, November 4, 2010

35..Yep, I'm 35.

Here's my handful of things I have filed away in the "this much I know is true" box as of today.
~It’s okay to walk away from some interpersonal relationships- relationships can have an expiration date. This is especially true if you’re conscious about making a change in your life. The sad fact is you some relationships have to be sacrifice in order for you to grow as a person.
~You are 100% responsible- it’s completely true. You are responsible for both the good and bad things that happen in your life. So if you want to make it better, then it’s up to you to make it happen. This scares the shit out of me. I want to hide under a bed...accountability scares me. I try to be good about taking it, but it's HARD.
~We have two ears and one mouth as a reminder that we need to LISTEN~ I am a chatty girl, always have been. But when things are tough, or someone needs me, shutting up is nearly always the answer.
~Perspective is everything- there are a hundred ways to look at everything. If you are willing to change the way you are looking at things, you can make things better in a matter of moments.
~It's not your job to fix other people's crazy- We are all on a journey. I am thankful I have faith and an awareness to want to feel better about the world for myself, but that doesn't mean I need to make sure the people around me are grasping every lesson I am learning.
~Marriage isn't about living the fairytale- Sometimes it's the least romantic parts of marriage that have the most to teach you about yourself. My partner is my mirror on so many issues. I don't always like what I see, but the reward is in the fact we are making it work together.

I could go on and on. No, not really. But, I am going to stop now and enjoy the rest of the beautiful day in Kauai!

No comments: