Wednesday, August 18, 2010

14w5d...First Offical OB

Yesterday at nearly 15 weeks, I finally had my first ob appointment with Dr. K. She has been back from her maternity leave for a week or so, but I was gone last week. I have been excited to hear the baby's heart tones, but also I have been nervous to broach the subject of a vbac. Mr. Workin' and I talked about it during our hours of "windshield time" in the car, and he agreed that a vaginal birth is just so much easier to recover from. I have been telling people when they ask which is better/worse, that both form of delivering a baby hurt. It's just with the vaginal birth the pain is up-front and the c-section is painful after and all about recovery time. When we decided to have another baby, I knew a repeat section was a possibility, but in my heart of hearts I deeply desired a vaginal birth. Sooooo, with that being said, I asked Dr. K and she said, "Of course! You are a great candidate for a vbac. You have had two vaginal births and go into labor naturally."
I was ecstatic! It felt like a huge victory. I get to go into labor, and work to deliver my baby! Of course these things are also scary and out of my control, but I truly believe my body is capable of getting the baby here. I get absolutely giddy thinking about it.
The rest of the appointment was routine and great. My labs look great, my weight is down 15 lbs between my scale at the beginning of the pregnancy and their scale yesterday. My fundus measured right at 15 weeks (which I was surprised she even measured), the baby's heart tones were 150 bpm (boy?), my blood pressure was 130ish/70, While I was there, I also asked about scheduling the big ultrasound a week early so I will know the sex in time to shop at our big consignment sale. Dr. K was agreeable with that as well, so we will know the sex on the 16th of September.

No comments: