Wednesday, July 28, 2010

11w6d

Cruising right out of the first trimester this week...
I am feeling much better. I could still sleep at a stop light given the opportunity, but I haven't vomited in a week or so. This morning I had to talk myself out if it, after coughing too hard, but at least I was able to actually stop the train!
We had a better time in Vegas than I was expecting being that Sin City is about drinking and staying up much too late. There were only a couple of moments that I was bummed, most of the rest of the time, I kept up and enjoyed myself.
It's hard to believe, but other than see the ultrasound tech and adhere to all my own pregnancy rules, I haven't had any prenatal care. The OB is still on maternity leave and her nurse thought I would be good until she got back. I can't remember when my first appointment is, but it's still several weeks away. I do need to go get my blood-work done. Maybe I will put that on the list for later this week.
I am down about half a pant-size and that's about the earliest I have dropped weight. However, to those of you that see me in my life, half a pant size is like taking 20 lbs off a horse. I doubt you would notice.
I feel like I am more even tempered, but when I am grouchy, it is quite severe. And I don't just snap out of it. Nice, I know. My poor family.
It has been easy to think of this pregnancy as my last already. There was a point in time when I wondered if I would ever be OK with those thoughts. Four will be a pleasant round number. Enough to keep me on my toes for the REST OF MY LIFE! :)

No comments: