Monday, January 18, 2010

Playmate

We sing around the house and to the kids a fair amount. For the most part it's a nice indication of my mood. Poor little darling know mommy is approachable when she bursts into song. I mostly sing made up lyrics to well-known tunes. But every now and then I make a sincere attempt to teach them an actual song.
My sweet little girls are starting to show interest in playing hand games...I considered teaching them, the song "Found a Peanut." Remember that one? It's quite obnoxious.
Anyway, I remembered the song "Oh Playmate"

Come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three
Climb up my apple tree

Slide down my rainbow
Into my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends
Forever more, more, more.

We have been practicing in the bath tub almost nightly.

Last night Fara belted out, "slide down my reindeer.."

I am in love.

No comments: