Monday, January 11, 2010

Critical Eye

The new get healthful journey I am on, has opened my eyes to a couple of things. Our dining room table sits in front of a huge mirror. How is it that I have managed to stuff my face in the presence of that mirror without noticing how I look sitting there?

See here is an example of me sitting in my chair. If I look to the list I can clearly get a full body imagine.

My point being, I think I have been able to turn a blind-eye to how I look on a daily basis. When I get ready to leave my house I focus almost exclusively on my face and hair. Of course there is an extremely brief once over before, I leave the bedroom. Even then I am using a soft focus eye.

The part of all this that strikes me the most, is it's my critical eye that leads me to stuffing my face in the first place. (I am drawing lines in my head that may be hard to follow here, but I am having a total ah-ha moment.)

Appeartantly a large part of working out, is looking in the mirror. I swear I have looked in the mirror more in the last week, than I did in the entire year of 2009. And as I pick-up those weights, prepare my stance and gaze into the mirror, all I feel is shock. Can that really be me looking back? That person is so sloppy and out of shape. When did that happen. Then comes the gentle reminder to myself, that the critical eye isn't neccessary. The changes are coming.

So, let's consider this the "BEFORE" picture ->


It's a bit painful...but pure motivation.

No comments: