Thursday, October 29, 2009

This Moment

I composed a post in my head, earlier today while folding laundry, and now that I am here in front of the computer, I can't remember what I was going to say. I am going to continue to type and in hopes it comes flooding back...

Wyeth
1~He was wandering around the house after he got home from school today, and when he found me, he said, "It sure is nice to be home." Awe...that makes a mama so happy. I want this house to always be his safe haven.
2~There are still a fair amount of tears after school (for Ella too). I know this has 100% to do with being tired and seeing mama is a relief. However, I find myself panicking about once a week, that maybe I am somehow not meeting their expectations. Or life isn't.
3~Wyeth is listening his first chapter book read by me. Daddy has read several, but we are enjoying a Hardy Boys adventure about werewolves!
4~Language exploration has been a big part of our conversations as of late. He says, "Mom, can boys my age say holy?" or "I heard a boy say the "s" word today." And the "s" word turns out to be shut-up. :)
5~He is eating like it's going out of style! Going without a morning snack has been one of the better adjustments.


Ella
1~Ella is so grown up. She has really changed in the last several weeks.
2~I am about to just give-up and decide she is a vegetarian. I can't get her to dig meat or a lot of dairy. She is a sugar head, however. I need to continue to stuff her with multi-vits and work on a consistent protein source. Eggs worked for so long, but she is kind of taking a break.
3~Swimming lessons start on Tuesday, and I know she will love it. She likes the water and if I can keep her warm it should be a hit.
4~Napping seems to be on the way out the door. She is waking around four every morning and climbing in bed with us. Sometimes she goes back to sleep, but usually she doesn't. I think that two hours in the afternoon is too much. She is sweet about not waking Fara, she i able to quietly sneak out.
5~Elizabeth is the puzzle queen. She loves them. She works a set of about five different puzzles again and again throughout the day. Her favorite are floor puzzles with about 30 pieces. I ask her to put them away when she is finished and more likely than not, they will be pulled out and worked within the hour.

Fara

1~Where to start with this little ham? She and Ella play together fairly well at this point. I have noticed this comes in phases. In the last week, I have observed them sharing several things that I would consider special to one or the other.
2~She has been expressing more interest in potty training. I think I am going to help her get serious about it. I don't think it will be long.
3~Her language and vocabulary are impressive to this mama. She speaks in sentences. My favorite word she uses is lately, ridiculous. "Mercer don't be ridiculous!" And is able to express herself LOUDLY and clearly. I love it.
4~She is so used to sleeping with someone that a handful of times, I have found her in Wyeth's bed with him. I am not sure of the motivation, but I would guess that it has something to do with Ella not being nice.
5~Fara is so excited about the going to school. She misses Ella. The other morning she told me, "I not hanging out with you, I go to school with Ella." Cute.

I have been thinking more and more about when #4 will join the team. There are several areas of life that are getting smoother as Fara gets older... better get a baby before one doesn't make sense. Nah, I will always want another baby.

No comments: