Monday, October 12, 2009

Sickies.


Augh...(is that how you spell that? It doesn't look right.) Ugh..oh there we go, much better.
Anyhow, it's now Monday morning...a bright and sunny day that is suppose to be full of me sending my cherubs to be socialized and educated, while I spend an hour with my Lisa. It's "me" morning. I get to talk 'bout whatever I want for an hour and Lisa, nods and kindly pulls me back to reality from time to time. I love it.
But, not THIS morning. No, this morning I have a house full of sick babies. They are all coughing and whiny and generally unpleasant. And this is the tough part. The part of me that wants to nurse them back to health is broken. If I could have my way, I might just run away screaming and holding my ears. Maybe. I don't know maybe I wouldn't... but I know that my tolerance is done used up my friends.
And here is the FUNNY part (just for the sake of sanity, and so you know that I don't take myself too seriously, let's chuckle together.) When I packed up my parents car in August '94, I was headed off to college to pursues a degree in nursing...really, I was. Say it with me...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!??!! Sick people, heaven bless them, are awful. There is whining and the smell (someone could have told me about the smell.)
I didn't spend too much time on the health care path. No, I jumped off and onto the hospitality path, which I enjoy muchly. Still not sure what exactly it is that I want to be when I grow up and we are removed from fall '94 by nearly 15 years. I best stick with the mommy gig for now.
Even if my babies smell, I would walk to St. Louis from here if they needed me.

(photo from Google).

No comments: