Monday, October 26, 2009

I am frustrated with how overwhelmed I feel with life and this point in time.

Marriage is hard work and parenting is hard work and keeping up with all the things a mom has to keep up with is hard work. I don't mind hard work. I don't mind working for unseen results, I love my husband and kiddos. But, boy howdy, do I get overwhelmed.

I keep coming to the table with this idea that I want to fix all these unmet expectations for myself and of myself about partnership and parenting. And just being a person in general. And try as I may, I am not fixing it and seem to be spinning my wheels. I don't know what the stepping off point would be...

Letting go of expectations and moving away from looking at things in a black/white mind-set. And letting go of the need to be pleasing and not upsetting my household. As long I am being true and kind and accountable, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's time I start listening to my heart and feeding my soul on a regular basis.

So....sigh.

My sweet babies are sleeping, my hubby is snoring and tomorrow is a new day. A day to be the best me.

No comments: