Thursday, September 17, 2009

Single Parenting vs. Being a Single Parent

Single parenting is about so much more than just not having an extra set of hands in the house. It's being forced to make choices for the sake of the family, alone. I am not a single parent, thank heavens! However, I do a bunch of single parenting.

This week I am coming off a four day stretch of being alone with the babes. When I can slow myself down enough, it's heaven to be the only one they count on. The one they share everything with and the one they want to snuggle with. It's difficult to appreciate those very same things when someone pukes in the night, or you don't get to go somewhere because you can't (or shouldn't) leave a sick kiddlet in the care of a sitter.

And then....there is the whole accountability factor. I am a completely different person when another adult is in the house.

Blah, blah, blah....I get trapped in my own head. Whatever.

No comments: