Saturday, June 13, 2009

EMH ~ 3 years

My sweet girl,
When I was pregnant with you I worried that I wouldn't know what to do with a baby girl, and all that changed the minute I held you. You looked at me with your giant blue eyes and I was forever changed by you.
You have known what you wanted from your earliest moment and you have never been afraid to squawk to get what you need. Daddy and I called you the baby pterodactyl when you were a baby. I am not kidding, you sounded just like one.
It seems impossible to play favorites as a mother, but I can remember being up with you in the middle of the night feeling our mother/daughter bond so strongly, and wondering if maybe you would overrun my whole heart.
Today you are three. I am not sure where the time has gone. You are just as sweet as ever, but tenacious just starts to describe your determination. You exasperate me on a regular basis. It's nothing to ask for something 150 times if that's what it takes to get my attention. You have a knack for the drama, and most recently have taken to stomping your foot for effect.
We talked for weeks about what kind of birthday party theme you wanted. You started with Scooby Doo and I even found a pink Scooby Doo cake. But you changed to a kitty party and then it became a princess party. We finally landed on a "princess kitty" theme.
Ella-bella you made Daddy and I so proud at your party. You spoke to all your guests and let everyone play with your stuff. The best was while you were opening gifts, you made sure to thank the person personally after opening each gift. It was surely princess behavior if I do say so myself.
You made a haul of dress-up clothes and make-up. You are as girlie as the day is long, but you aren't afraid to play with Wy's boy stuff and get dirty.

And now for the...


25 Ella Fact @ 36 months
  1. Paci and Nighket a must when in bed.
  2. You love eggs.
  3. All other meat is passed over.
  4. Bread is your favorite part of any burger or sandwich.
  5. You finally are asking for water instead of juice.
  6. You are quick to apologize if you think it's needed.
  7. You love to play with Wyeth, but are warming up to playing alone with Fara.
  8. You like to have "hair-pretties".
  9. You like a snack first thing in the warming.
  10. You weigh 24 pounds.
  11. Talking on you play-phones is a major pass-time.
  12. You are a show-off in front of Wy's friends.
  13. Wonder Pets and Dora are your favorite shows.
  14. You are a snuggle bug.
  15. You are still wearing a pull-up at night. And it is wet almost every morning.
  16. Being on the go with Mama is very important to you.
  17. You hate to be told to look for something. You often will just stomp in a circle and say you can't find it.
  18. You must dress yourself, but still let me pick-out your clothes.
  19. You like the word stupid, and are quite clever when you use it.
  20. You like kitties and Grannie got you a giant white one for your b-day.
  21. You didn't want to name your kitty.
  22. Crying is your weakness.
  23. You have to potty during every meal.
  24. Your hair is getting longer and longer.
  25. You will always be my sweet princess girl.

I love you Elizabeth. You are my sunshine on many days.

No comments: